Any library user (either internal or external) can borrow the library documents existing in the reading rooms, according to the status of the publications, under the following conditions:
- valid library card
- no overdue books
- no unpaid overdue fees
Students may borrow:
· up to 15 textbooks for one semester, or strictly for the duration of the current specialty module.
· maximum 3 books from the open shelf at one time, for a period of 7 days at the most.
The other user categories may borrow a maximum of 3 books from the open shelf at one time, for a period of 7 days at the most.
With the exception of departments/disciplines, which may borrow a maximum of 3 books from the open shelf at one time, for a period of 14 days at the most.
The following cannot be taken at home:
· reference works: dictionaries, encyclopedias, bibliographic indexes and data bases
· foreign and Romanian books with an exclusive reading room status
· documents in electronic format (CD-ROMs, DVDs)
· PhD theses
The penalties for overdue loans are as follows:
· Failure to return books from the open shelf: 5 lei / day / book
· Failure to return textbooks: 0.5 lei / day
Damage or loss to the library resources, which are common cultural property, caused by users, is sanctioned by physically replacing the item with an identical one or by repaying the acquisition price augmented with the daily inflation coefficient plus 1-5 times the amount.